The Sense/Stage MiniBee and its accessoires are now available through the Floris.cc webshop. Floris.cc ships to most European countries. If you are living in a country that Floris.cc does not ship to, please contact me and I can arrange something.
The Sense/Stage MiniBee is a small microcontroller board based on the Arduino, integrated with a connection for an XBee wireless chip. It is small and comes with preloaded firmware to use it easily in your wireless projects for a lot of common sensing and actuating purposes. As a bonus there is a 3-axis accelerometer on board. Cross platform open source software sends the data from the boards to your interactive environment via OpenSoundControl (OSC).
Overview of the features:
- 6 analog inputs: A0, A1, A2, A3, A6, A7
- 8 digital inputs or outputs: D3, D5, D6, D7, D8, D9, D10, D11
- PWM (“analog”) output, at pins D3, D5, D6, D9, D10, D11
- TWI (or I2C) communication: SDA (A4), SCL (A5)
- Integrated ADXL345 – 3-axis accelerometer
- Serial I/O: RX, TX (to XBee)
- Power input (between 3.3V and 5V), through battery connector and coin cell battery
- Regulated power output: 3.3V, GND
- On/off switch
- Short circuit protection with a resetting fuse
- Preprogrammed with firmware for wireless configuration for using many common sensors
- Firmware communication with software data sharing network supported by many common interactive software environments (e.g. SuperCollider, Max/MSP, PureData, Processing).
- Status LEDs for power, association with XBee network, XBee receiving data, and configuration status
- Small footprint