If you are interested in obtaining the Sense/Stage MiniBee, please contact me, so I can make an offer. The table below lists the prices of separate items. The documentation page unpacking the kit gives an indication of the items you need to get started.
|item||price excl VAT||price incl VAT|
|Sense/Stage MiniBee||€ 32,23||€ 39,00|
|Sense/Stage XPee expansion||€ 1,61||€ 1,95|
|Sense/Stage XPree expansion||€ 1,90||€ 2,30|
|XBee S11||€ 23,97||€ 29,00|
|XBee Pro S11||€ 38,02||€ 46,00|
Other items that you will need, but that I do not have in stock are the ones below. These items can be found at local SparkFun resellers:
- Sparkfun XBee Explorer USB - as the coordinator board that will be hooked up to your computer,
- Lithium Ion battery - 400 mAh to power each MiniBee,
- SparkFun LiPo charger basic or SparkFun LiPo charger plus to charge the batteries.
The minimum that you need is:
- An XBee Explorer USB board with an XBee and a Sense/Stage MiniBee with an XBee and a Lithium Ion Battery and a charger to be able to charge the battery.
You can then add more MiniBees to the set that will communicate to the same coordinator. For each you’ll need:
- a Sense/Stage MiniBee with an XBee and a Lithium Ion Battery
If you are new to Sense/Stage, mention in the email what you are planning to do, so I can help you determine what you’ll need for your project!
The Sense/Stage MiniBee is a small microcontroller board based on the Arduino, integrated with a connection for an XBee wireless chip. It is small and comes with preloaded firmware to use it easily in your wireless projects for a lot of common sensing and actuating purposes. As a bonus there is a 3-axis accelerometer on board. Cross platform open source software sends the data from the boards to your interactive environment via OpenSoundControl (OSC).
Overview of the features:
- 6 analog inputs: A0, A1, A2, A3, A6, A7
- 8 digital inputs or outputs: D3, D5, D6, D7, D8, D9, D10, D11
- PWM (“analog”) output, at pins D3, D5, D6, D9, D10, D11
- TWI (or I2C) communication: SDA (A4), SCL (A5)
- Integrated ADXL345 – 3-axis accelerometer
- Serial I/O: RX, TX (to XBee)
- Power input (between 3.3V and 5V), through battery connector and coin cell battery
- Regulated power output: 3.3V, GND
- On/off switch
- Short circuit protection with a resetting fuse
- Preprogrammed with firmware for wireless configuration for using many common sensors
- Firmware communication with software data sharing network supported by many common interactive software environments (e.g. SuperCollider, Max/MSP, PureData, Processing).
- Status LEDs for power, association with XBee network, XBee receiving data, and configuration status
- Small footprint